Funding granted for 2012 project “strekens dans”
mobil: 949 76 583
Søknad om støtte til prosjekt “Strekens Dans”
Gallery Forrest – Shadeshape & Fineart, is hereby applying for kr. 25,000 in funding for the project ”Strekens Dans” from Bergen Kommune.
Children are often perceived today to be wasting their valuable childhoods, lost in the television or immersing themselves in virtual realms.
Inspired by my daughters’ creative use of her Nintendo DS, this project has been designed to take children out of the role of “information victim”, and put them in a position of “creative contributor”.
By inviting hundreds of children from various schools in Bergen to submit animations and artwork created with modern tools, we intend to create a seamless video compilation that will be shown from our gallery windows, to passing light rail passengers. This project is the first step in a series of community building projects through the use of visual arts. This project in particular will be making use of “Nintendo DS – flip note” digital media animations.
All clips will be organized and categorized into schools, grades and names of children. After the presentation of “Strekens Dans”, parents will be given the opportunity to order printed tea towels of their child’s contribution at a price that will help the funding of the project.
We (Rune J Svendsen and myself) run a non-profit artist owned gallery in Paradis. The gallery has 3 large windows overlooking bybanen where passengers are exposed to artwork every day, and new artists monthly. This project will be an addition to our activity already entertaining local commuters.
General Procedure (devoid detailed logistics)
• Contact schools in Bergen, and invite children to participate in the project (instructions included with the invitation).
• Collect all the “flip Note” animation clips/ artwork via e-mail/ website upload.
• Sort and Categorize all clips and artwork.
• Convert files and create a video loop that can be viewed via a high lumens projector.
I have been in contact with Nintendo, received advice and completed this process successfully.
In order to utilize the optimum effect of the projector, the film will run during the darker time of the year (autumn or winter)
What the money will be used for:
høy lumens video prosjekter 15,000,-
revers skjerm 6x2m 7,000,-
trykk saker/ invitasjoner/ markedsføring 8,000,-
lokale leie 4,000,-
inspirasjon og informasjon webside 2,000,-
evt. større vinduer 15,000,-
honorar- Stewart Forrest & Rune J Svendsen 10,000,-
støtte fra Bergen Kommune (innvilget) 15,000,-
støtte fra NBK (venter svar) 10,000,-
støtte fra Norsk Kulturråd 15,000,-
etter salg av trykket kjøkkenhåndkle/ t-skjorter 16,000,-
• The initial work (information website, invitation design, school contact, delivery) should be fulfilled within 1-2 months. We will need to get a taste of the response before contacting too many schools and therefore this stage could take longer.
• File collection, sorting and video creation will be ongoing.
• Strekens Dans will be presented in October/ November.
• Tea towel production and distribution will be outsourced and ongoing for the period up to Christmas
In the case of receiving less funds than requested, the project will be executed to the best standard we can achieve.
Furthermore, the equipment will be available for future projects we have in mind and other artists wishing to exhibit.
Stewart Forrest (project manager)
Andre Vedlagte filer:
1. strekens dans movie sample.wmv
2. CV Stewart Forrest
3. CV Rune J Svendsen